Medicare is a federal insurance program geared towards those 65 and older suffering from End-Stage Renal Disease or recieving disability insurance. Your medicare elgibility is dependent on three major factors age, health status, and work history. Original Medicare consists of Part A and Part B. Downlaod 2024 Medicare and You https://www.medicare.gov/publications/10050-Medicare-and-You.pdf
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance):
- Covers inpatient hospital care.
- Also includes coverage for skilled nursing facility care, hospice care, and some home health care services.
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance):
- Covers outpatient medical services like doctor visits, preventive services, lab tests, and durable medical equipment.
- It also includes some outpatient prescription drugs like vaccines and medications administered in a clinical setting.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Ambulance Services
- Durable Medica Equipment
- Kidney Dialysis Services and supplies
- Physical Therapy
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage):
- Offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare.
- Combines the benefits of Parts A and B.
- Often includes additional benefits like prescription drug coverage (Part D), dental, vision, and hearing.
- May require a separate premium in addition to the Part B premium.
Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage):
- Provides prescription drug coverage through private plans.
- Helps with the cost of prescription medications.
- Available as a standalone plan (PDP) or as part of a Medicare Advantage plan (MA-PD).
Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap):
- Sold by private insurance companies to fill gaps in Original Medicare coverage (Parts A and B).
- Helps pay for out-of-pocket costs like deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance.
- Require a premium in additon to Part B.